Terms & Conditions - My Swiss View
1. Participation in our competitions is free and voluntary. Your chances of winning do not change as a result of using a service and/or making a purchase. Switzerland Tourism, Morgartenstrasse 5a, 8004 Zurich, is responsible for collecting and processing any personal data you provide in connection with the respective competition.
2. This competition runs from 2 May to 1 June 2022, 11:59 p.m. CET. The prize is to have your very own photo spot on the route of the Grand Tour of Switzerland, which will be achieved by displaying the winner’s name at the photo spot. The photo spot with the most valid votes will be declared the winner. All votes cast using the form provided and containing a photo spot selection, a personal e-mail address and acceptance of the terms and conditions of participation and data protection provisions will count as valid.
All valid entrants will also be entered in a draw for the main prize: a five-day trip along the Grand Tour of Switzerland for two people including economy class flights and hotel accommodation. The prize can be taken between April and October 2023.
The decision to subscribe to the newsletter is entirely voluntary and has no impact on your chances of winning.
3. The winners will be chosen and contacted by e-mail within ten working days after the end of the respective competition. If the winner cannot be reached, or does not contact Switzerland Tourism within seven calendar days of being informed that they have won, Switzerland Tourism reserves the right to draw a new winner.
4. Persons of legal age and capacity are entitled to participate. Participation creates no legal right or obligation, to the extent permitted by law. There is no recourse to legal action. Multiple entries and entries by employees of Switzerland Tourism or its partners will not be accepted. Prizes are non-transferable and will not be paid in cash. No correspondence will be entered into in connection with the competition. Switzerland Tourism reserves the right to exclude participants from a competition, delete multiple entries or end the competition if there are any discrepancies or suspicions of technical manipulation.
5. The travel prizes will be administered directly between the winner and Switzerland Tourism. Travel to and from the departure point of journeys (airport, railway station, etc.) is at the expense of the Switzerland Tourism, unless otherwise stated in the competition information. The same applies for any costs incurred during the holiday (minibar, etc.) The winner and their companion(s) are responsible for ensuring that they have everything required for the trip, especially valid travel documents. Any taxes, fees or levies incurred in connection with the prize must be borne by the winner (with the exception of shipping costs, customs duties or import VAT).
6. To the extent permitted by law, Switzerland Tourism shall accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever in connection with its competitions, the organisation or redemption of prizes. In particular, Switzerland Tourism shall not be liable for technical breakdowns of the competition pages, including any network server or hardware errors, viruses, bugs, programming errors or other communication errors outside its direct control.
7. Facebook and Twitter are not commercially or legally involved in this competition, even if a competition is advertised and shared on our Facebook/Twitter page and if certain activities in connection with the main prize take place on Facebook or Twitter. The sole organiser of the competition is Switzerland Tourism. Any questions relating to the competition should be addressed to Switzerland Tourism (info(at)myswitzerland.com). By entering the competition and therefore accepting the terms and conditions of participation, entrants exempt Facebook and Twitter from any liability and responsibility in connection with the competition.
8. When completing the registration form for participation in the respective prize draw, entrants are prompted to submit certain personal data that will be sent to Switzerland (e-mail address). This personal data will then be stored in Switzerland and used for participation in the respective competition as well as for holding the respective competition. Entrants’ personal data will only be transferred to third parties insofar as this is required for processing the competition and the winner. Switzerland Tourism will make every effort to ensure that third parties only process personal data as would be permitted for Switzerland Tourism. In case of questions relating to the processing of personal data, entrants should contact Switzerland Tourism (info(at)myswitzerland.com).
9. Switzerland Tourism is entitled to send electronic newsletters to the e-mail addresses of those participants who explicitly agree to this when they enter the competition. They can unsubscribe to newsletters at any time either by sending an e-mail to info(at)myswitzerland.com or by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the newsletter e-mail in question. Further information on data protection can be found here: https://www.myswitzerland.com/en-ch/planning/about-switzerland/data-protection/.
10. These terms and conditions of participation can be requested by post and as a hard copy at any time by e-mailing a request to info(at)myswitzerland.com.
11. The competition shall be governed by Swiss law. For any disputes in connection with this competition or these terms and conditions of participation, the courts of Zurich shall have exclusive jurisdiction. Notwithstanding the above, any mandatory protective regulations for consumers residing abroad shall remain unaffected. Accordingly, any mandatory protective regulations applicable for participants residing abroad shall also remain unaffected.